Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Keyhole Scarf and Fingerless Gloves

I love stash busting and finding patterns that are easy to do and yet create something useful is a bonus.
I found this whilst looking for a new scarf to make from my stash.
Keyhole Scarflette

The pattern is so easy and depending on the yarn you use can be plain or fancy. I added a flower embellishment to mine.

I used two different colours and created a stripe alternating the yarn every two rows. I added a Picot crochet edge to both ends and a crochet flower and leaf. The yarn I used was DK and I used 7mm needles as I wanted the scarf to be soft and lose. My Crochet hook was 4mm using DK yarn.
Picot Edge

The flower was really easy and remember I do not know how to follow a crochet pattern but following the video I created the flower.Easy Rosebud  I wanted to add a leaf to the flower and eventually found this easy crochet leaf  Easy Leaf 

Having completed the scarf I went ahead and made a pair of Fingerless gloves to go with it and made these.

Here is the pattern for the gloves
Waffle Stitch Fingerless Gloves

I used the same yarns as for the scarf adding the Picot Edge to the wrist end only and adding a tiny Rosebud and leaf to match the scarf. The tiny Rosebud pattern was easy to do again a video so be patient she does get there in the end.Tiny Rosebud

These are for my friend who sent all the yarn for the baby blankets for the Neo Natal Unit.


2 comments:

  1. I like shorter scarves so I might knit this one. I'm like you when I look for crochet patterns....they have to have the word "easy" in the title!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This short scarf looks really cute. I love the stripes :-)

    ReplyDelete