Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013 Hello 2014

Well 2013 was a year of ups and downs my Grandson Charlie was born 25th June.
I turned 60 in September and  had a lovely day with my Husband and a lovely necklace and ear rings you can see them in the picture below.


Me on my Birthday September 2013
 In October  my Son ( Charlies Father) decided to drag up the past and blamed me for everything and no longer wants to have contact with me. So a very upsetting close the year.

In between I did a lot of knitting for my Grandson and for various Charities and Friends. A lot of Stash busting was done along the way and I loved every minute of making all the things I had planned on making.

So what does 2014 hold?
A Mystery, but I do know this I will be knitting up a storm as I have had a gift of new yarn to use from my dear friend Diana. So I will be making new things to give to friends and charities using up my stash and the lovely new yarn that I have.
I will be making Hats, Squares, a Scarf/Stole and Innocent Smoothie hats.
I will be using this book for the knitted squares
200 Knitted Blocks

Tiny hats for Age UK

Various hats to give to Charities 14 in all on the Knitting Paradise site 14 for 14

Then I will make this as well A Prayer Shawl using my own pattern.

So guess who is going to be busy knitting?

I have a new problem to deal with my left hip is very painful and I have a trapped nerve in my leg as a result so off to the Doctors and Hospital to see what is going on. In the mean time I rest it up and knit away and read so I will not get bored.

2014 is going to be a good year no matter what happens. I hope that we will have more Stash Busting from Linda's Crafty Corner as it was fun and I found it very helpful.
Here's to a wonderful New Year and I hope it will hold good things for all my Friends where ever they are.

1 comment:

  1. You have had a very busy year Paula, I'm so pleased you are joining in with the challenges this year, sorry to hear about your hip, I hope it gets resolved very soon. Happy New Year and all the very best for 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete