Saturday, December 14, 2013

Two Challenges

2014 is going to be a busy year knitting wise I am doing two Challenges.
One is 14 hats for '14 on the Knitting Paradise forum.  Knitting Paradise
It is a KAL and we are going to try and complete 14 hats for a charity during 2014.
I cannot seem to master knitting in the round so I will knit my hats on straight needles.
I have found these:
Cecily Beanie  I will add my own embellishments

In the Woods this I think is an aran weight yarn I will have to see what I have in aran weight yarn before starting this one.

Bev's Cosy Hat This one I can make for all ages so a good one to have.

Ellen's Knit Hat Nice and easy to do and versatile I can add stripes to this as well

Wel Hats I can chose which one of these to make so again a nice one to have.

I have some other patterns in an old note book that I have but no idea where  the patterns are from as I was given the notebook by a friend who can no longer knit, so I will make them but have no idea where the patterns are from.
The other Challenge is this
Knit a Block a Week on the Loving Hands forum  Loving Hands   and a great way to use up stash. We will be using this book 200 knitted blocks  I have ordered it and it has been dispatched. I am hoping the patterns will be written as I am still not great with charts but will master it if the book is all charts so fingers crossed there is a mix of written and charts.

So lots to keep me busy and out of trouble plus I get to make some new things.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm doing the Knit a Block challenge as well. Don't worry, the patterns in the book are written and there are many easy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenges Paula, glad you are joining the Block challenge you will manage just fine I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete